- 4 slightly heaped cups (about 20 oz.) fresh, ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (use less for a barely detectable bite, more if you’d like it more present)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl; let them sit for 15 minutes if they’re really fresh, longer if they’re firm or off-season berries. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and add the water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, transfer to a blender or food processor, add the lime juice, pepper and salt and blend until mostly smooth. Divide between popsicle molds, leaving a 1/4-inch space on top to accommodate expansion during freezing.
- Freeze for about 5 hours or overnight. Dip in lukewarm water for 10 seconds to unmold each popsicle before serving.