Elevate traditional potatoes with Root Vegetable Mash. Parsnips and celeriac (celery root) combine with the standard russets to bring the mashed game to a new level. This earthy, sweet, and buttery side is gluten free.
- 2 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 lb. parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 lb. celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 6 TBSP butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, dill or tarragon, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In one pot, boil potatoes in salted water until tender, drain. In another pot, boil celeriac and parsnips together until tender, drain. Mash root vegetables with butter until smooth and fold in remaining ingredients.