We welcome applications from all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations.
If you’re a non-profit that empowers BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) communities, supports hunger relief, or collaborates with up-and-coming farmers of Color through partnerships with local farm associations, we highly encourage you to apply. Your efforts align with our initiatives to make a positive impact on our community, and we’re eager to support your work to build a strong, local food system.
Pro tip! Draft and save your application answers on a separate document to use for later.
What you will be asked:
- Basic information like Name, Address, and Email Address
- File uploads – As part of the application, you will have the option to upload files. Please note that these uploads are NOT mandatory and WILL NOT influence the selection process. They are there to provide additional information for our staff if your organization is selected.
We ask you to share brief responses to a couple questions. Please keep responses under 500 words, 2,000 characters. The length of your responses WILL NOT impact the selection process. Consider this an opportunity to introduce us to the incredible work your organization does. Let your passion shine, and enjoy the process!
- What is the organization’s mission?
- Explain how your mission aligns with one or more of the following:
1) Empowering local BIPOC communities
2) Addressing hunger relief needs in our communities
3) Supporting up-and-coming farmers of Color
- Please describe what the Change Matters funding will support in detail.
- How can our co-op community connect with your organization?
- How can your organization imagine an ongoing partnership with Wedge Community Co-ops beyond the Change Matters program?
The selection process for Change Matters organizations is a collaborative process by a committee of Wedge Community Co-ops staff. We’re excited to continue making a positive change in our community with your support!
Mark these important dates on your calendars:
October 5, 2023: Application period opens. We start accepting proposals.
November 3, 2023: Application period closes. Proposals must be submitted for committee review.
December 12, 2023: Notification of the 2024 Change Matters recipients will be sent out to the contact information provided in your application.
As part of the application, you will have the option to upload files. Please note that these uploads are NOT mandatory and WILL NOT influence the selection process. They are there to provide additional information for our staff if your organization is selected.