Cheesemakers from across our great state have joined forces to create The League of Minnesota Cheesemakers. The organization provides opportunities for education and awareness of Minnesota-made cheeses, while building camaraderie among cheesemakers, industry professionals, enthusiasts, and sponsors alike.
Minnesota cheesemakers make up a small percentage of all the cheesemakers in the United States but should not be underestimated. From blues to camemberts, the fresh to the aged, Minnesota cheesemakers cover a wide range of award-winning flavors, styles, and techniques using cow, goat, and sheep milk. Some cheesemakers make a couple dozen wheels at a time, while others make a couple hundred. But regardless of their size and scale, each cheesemaker is dedicated to their craft and brings professionalism and passion to their work. Interested in being a member? Here is the breakdown of membership:
• Cheesemaker members are included in promotion of Minnesota cheese, and have opportunities for professional development and camaraderie, access to promotional materials and events. They make up the voting body of the organization.
• Industry professional members have access to professional development events, Minnesota cheese promotion materials and are invited to attend cheese events.
• Sponsor members are listed onThe League of Minnesota Cheesemakers website with links to their information, receive promotional materials, and are invited to exclusive cheese events.
• You can join too! Enthusiast members are invited to cheese events, have exclusive opportunities to meet our cheesemakers and taste their cheeses, and receive league promotional items.
- Redhead Creamery Available at Wedge & Linden Hills
- Caves of Faribault Available at Wedge & Linden Hills
- Shepherd’s Way Available at Wedge & Linden Hills
- CannonBelles Cheese Available at Wedge
- Stickney Hill Dairy Available at Wedge & Linden Hills
- Alemar Cheese Available at Wedge & Linden Hills
- Metz’s Hart-Land Creamery